Objectives and roadmap
The objectives this subtask addresses are the following :
- Assist the development of collection infrastructure by examining and evaluating the collection infrastructure of other recyclables (e.g., electronics, liquid crystal displays)
- Enhance the interaction among industry players so that they share information and resources for collection and recycling
- Show the technical and cost feasibility of collection and recycling (to environmental-policy makers, e.g., WEEE, RoHS)
- Identify common tasks where financial resources can be shared (e.g., separation of EVA from the module).
The activities to achieve the announced objectives are the next:
- Define collection infrastructure paradigms that can be useful in PV module take programs in various countries.
- Define the technical and economic feasibility of recycling manufacturing waste and spent PV modules
- Investigate technologies for the recovery of valuable elements from PV modules